Job Posting: Full Stack Developer
Start date: July 2018
Application deadline: N/A
VeloMetro Mobility Inc. has an opening for a Full Stack Developer in Vancouver, BC. VeloMetro is a growing company with a vision to revolutionize urban mobility. We are building a 3-wheeled enclosed pedal-electric vehicle that will help Vancouverites get around the city, rain or shine! Our velomobiles will be introduced into downtown Vancouver in a sharing system, called Veemo, early in 2019.
We are looking for innovative, creative, and fun people who want to make great things happen!
VeloMetro is an exciting company that is making a difference. If you want to join our growing team in a fast-moving space, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and implement secure and scalable solutions to expand Veemo services into new markets for a rapidly growing user base
- Lead software team to solve technical problems
- Design, implement and test features for Veemo management and operations systems
- Develop API requests to be used by mobile apps
- Write, evaluate, and streamline MySQL database queries
- Manage and maintain Veemo servers
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, or a related degree
- 5+ years of back end development experience (preferably PHP)
- 5+ years of relational database experience (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with developing in a full stack environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers
- Experience with CI and automated testing
- Experience with web development, using a variety of libraries
- Experience with leveraging third party services
- Experience with UNIX based systems preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to work effectively independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a strong can-do attitude and hands on approach to deliver superior results
- Foosball skills are a plus
Or submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.