Job Posting: Lead Software Developer
Start date: Immediately
Application deadline: N/A
Location: Vancouver, BC (Remote candidates will not be considered)
VeloMetro Mobility Inc. is searching for a Lead Software Developer in Vancouver, BC, focused on web and mobile app development. VeloMetro is a growing company with a vision to revolutionize urban mobility. We are building a 3-wheeled enclosed pedal-electric vehicle that will help Vancouverites get around the city, rain or shine! Our velomobiles will be introduced into cities around the world in a sharing system called VeemoⓇ.
We are looking for innovative, creative, and fun people who want to make great things happen in the world of sustainable personal mobility!
VeloMetro is an exciting company that is making a difference. If you want to join our growing team in a fast-moving space, we want to hear from you.
- Manage a growing software team to implement new web and mobile app features and solve complex technical problems
- Develop secure and scalable solutions to expand Veemo services into new markets for a rapidly growing user base
- Design, implement, and test features for Veemo mobile, operations, and management systems
- Write, evaluate, and streamline MySQL database queries
- Manage and maintain Veemo servers
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Software Engineering, or a related degree
- 5+ years of back end development experience (preferably PHP)
- 5+ years of relational database experience (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with developing in a full stack environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of engineers
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD)
- Possess and manifest best code practises
- Experience with leveraging third-party services and toolkits
- Experience with UNIX based systems (preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a strong can-do attitude and hands-on approach to deliver amazing results
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.