Job Posting: Mechanical Engineer
Start date: July 2018
Application deadline: N/A
VeloMetro Mobility Inc. has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer in Vancouver, BC. VeloMetro is a growing company with a vision to revolutionize urban mobility. We are building a 3-wheeled enclosed pedal-electric vehicle that will help Vancouverites get around the city, rain or shine! Our velomobiles will be introduced into downtown Vancouver in a sharing system, called Veemo, early in 2019.
We are looking for innovative, creative, and fun people who want to make great things happen!
VeloMetro is an exciting company that is making a difference. If you want to join our growing team in a fast-moving space, we want to hear from you.
- Working with the mechanical engineering team to design various vehicle components and systems using Autodesk Inventor
- Develop mechanical concepts, detailed designs and drawings
- Provide support documentation packages for manufacturing
- Liaise with subcontractors, vendors and suppliers
- Testing of prototype assemblies and vehicles
- This position is likely to include overseas travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Integrated Engineering with a minimum of 2 years professional experience
- Experience with 3D modelling and detailed technical drawings (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Experience performing detailed stress analysis (analytical and FEA)
- Experience with GD&T, FMEA, and other design tools
- Knowledge of prototyping and production manufacturing methods for metal and plastics. Experience with composites manufacturing a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Strong mechanical design aptitude
- Able to work effectively independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Possess a strong can-do attitude and hands on approach to deliver superior results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin is an asset
- Some foosball ability is an asset
Or submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted.